A leased line is a dedicated, fixed bandwidth connection that is reserved entirely for your use.
What are the advantages and benefits of a leased line?
- Speeds – Unlike a standard shared line, a leased line connection is exclusively yours to use, allowing you to enjoy fixed, guaranteed bandwidth with higher speeds – even during peak times. Due to leased lines being symmetric, download and upload speeds are identical and higher.
- Reliability – Leased lines are backed up with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Service Level Guarantees (SLGs). With a dedicated account manager, 24/7 support and monitoring and guaranteed fix times, downtime is kept to an absolute minimum.
- Productivity – With symmetrical upload and download speeds, along with a constant high-speed connection, businesses can continue to work at an optimum level, without fear of staff losing productive time due to a slow connection or download/upload speeds.
- Financial – Increasingly companies are receiving sales orders via online ordering systems. Any downtime could have a significant financial impact through loss of business. Leased lines offer a more dependable option to help safeguard your trade.
- Security – A secure option for businesses, leased lines are private – meaning there is no public traffic on your line, making you less vulnerable to attacks.
- Business Continuity – The risk of a business being unable to receive and process orders, transfer files to clients and/or communicate with the outside world is significantly reduced with leased lines.
- Scalability – As your business grows, so will your need for greater bandwidth. With leased lines you can easily increase the amount required as and when needed.
Should I get a leased line?
Businesses and organisations who have one or more of the following would benefit from a leased line:
- High data and/or voice needs which require a reliable internet connection
- Remote workers who require VPN access to the office
- Online ordering systems where customers can order products and services online 24/7
- Transfer large amounts of data or upload large files regularly
- Rely on solid connection for ordering, processing sales, inter-site communications and video conferencing
- Host a large website
- Operate over multiple sites
- Use (or plan to use) VoIP telephony
Did you know that British businesses lost £7 billion in lost productivity and extra overtime due to internet outages in 2016, and research suggests that each SME employee loses around 15 minutes each day to slow broadband connections.
Whilst choosing a leased line for your business can be a costlier option compared to broadband, the mitigating benefits of having a dedicated reliable connection supported by quicker fix times, make it a worthwhile investment.
Why not speak to a member of our team to find out more? Contact us today >
Or download our infographic here to share with others >